Application Deadline: Friday, July 19 at 11:59pm
The D.C. Commission on the Arts and Humanities is seeking to purchase two and three-dimensional works of art including prints, drawings, mixed media compositions, paintings, photographs, ceramics, and moveable sculptures. To expand the District’s collection further into new media forms of contemporary art, we strongly encourage video artists and other technological innovators to submit as well. Submission of works in series is strongly encouraged. Representational, conceptual, and abstract works will be equally considered.
Each artist is allowed to submit up to 10 images for consideration and all artwork submitted must be available for purchase and review upon submission (see calendar for dates). Artwork must be created with archival materials and be no larger in size than 96″ in any direction.
In addition to images of prospective artwork, a completed application must include:
- An Artist Statement
- A current CV or Resume
- An Image List, declaring the retail price of each piece of artwork listed
To submit prospective work for review during the Art Bank 2013 acquisition cycle, please visit https://dcarts.slideroom.com and open an account. Your account will be assigned a login password, to enable you to access Art Bank 2013 and any other open opportunities in Public Art.
This call is open to all artists who reside or maintain studio space in the Washington Metropolitan Area. However, preference will be given to District of Columbia residents.
- Friday, July 19, 2013 at 11:59pm: Application deadline
- Friday August 2, 2013: Panel review of submissions to select semi-finalists
- Week of August 19-23, 2013: Notifications to Artists
- Week of August 26-30, 2013: Semi-finalists required to deliver selected artworks to DCCAH
- September 6, 2013: Panel review of semi-finalist to make final selections
- Week of September 16, 2013: Notifications to Artists
- Week of September 23-26, 2013: Artists required to retrieve works that are not selected
For more information, contact Zoma Wallace, Art Bank Coordinator at email@example.com or (202) 724-5613.