About the Exhibition:
The Priddy Library at the Universities at Shady Grove invites artists to submit recent artwork reflecting on the challenges facing our community and the cultivation of support, care, and healing among one another. This exhibition will highlight the relationships that strengthen our community and is a good opportunity to enjoy the art that defines us. The Library is looking for art that is strong, creative, and that builds bonds within the community.
The exhibition will take place at the Priddy Library, Universities at Shady Grove from Friday, March 29 through Sunday, April 28.
The exhibition will be curated by Yuri Stone and Ariana Kaye, members of the Curatorial Team at Glenstone Museum.
What Can Submit:
Open to all artists, 18 years and older, currently residing in Maryland. All works submitted should be original artworks created in the last 5 years. Acceptable mediums include all traditional art media (e.g., oil, watercolor, acrylic, pastel, mixed media, gouache, etc.), and sculptures. Artwork should not exceed 58 inches in height, width, or depth. All pieces should be framed, wired, and ready to hang. Small sculptures accepted. No entry fee is required.
Guidelines for Submission:
- Artists must e-mail their submissions using the Entry Form. Under ‘Description/Explanation” describe how the art connects with the theme of “building a caring community.”
- Submit images of all works using jpeg format.
- Please also attach the artist’s resume and a one-paragraph artist statement.
- For the submission of sculptures, provide front, back, and side images.
- The deadline for submissions is March 11, 2024 by 5pm. Only accepted artists will be notified.
- Notifications of acceptance will be emailed before March 22, 2024.
How to Submit:
All entries should be submitted via the online entry form: https://forms.gle/JBjnubodfD6q2bat6
Delivery and return of artwork:
- All accepted entries must be the same as the images submitted and must be framed and ready to hang. Works must be shipped to Priddy Library in reusable cartons and must include a prepaid return shipping level. No peanuts should be used. Shipments not conforming to these guidelines will not be accepted.
- Shipments should arrive before 5:00 pm on March 27, 2024. Hand-delivered work will be accepted between Monday, March 25 through Wednesday, March 27, between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm.
- Artwork can be picked up on May 1 and 2 between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm. Return shipping will be completed by May 15, 2024.
Insurance and Liability:
The artists must ensure artwork at all times. While the Priddy Library will take utmost care to avoid damage to the art pieces, by submitting their work, artists agree that the Library and the Universities at Shady Grove are not responsible for any damage, theft, loss, or unforeseen circumstances while handling, exhibiting or shipping the works. Insurance is the responsibility of each artist, including shipping insurance.
Sales: Artists who wish to sell their works should include the price on their entry form and authorize the Priddy Library to place the potential purchaser directly in touch with the artists. The library will not sell the art pieces but will provide a list of prices to the public and include the price on the signage of the work.