Deadline: 5 p.m. EST, Monday, September 7, 2020
The City of Alexandria is hosting an Artful Holiday Gift Guide online for the 2020 Holiday Season! Featuring artists, designers, artisans, and crafters, the Artful Holiday Gift Guide supports entrepreneurs who produce unique and authentic works of art and creative goods.
The Artful Holiday Gift Guide will be live online Saturday, November 21, 2020 – Friday, January 8, 2021.
Artists, designers, artisans, and crafters who would like to list their creations in the Guide need to complete and submit an online application by 5 p.m. EST, Monday, September 7, 2020. Completed applications will be reviewed by a jury of arts professionals. Applicants will be notified October 1, 2020, if they will be included in the Guide. Preference will be given to artists from the tri-state area—Virginia, D.C., and Maryland — but the application is open to national and international participants who can adhere to the criteria.
The online Guide will link directly to each entrepreneur’s online sales platform. Each applicant’s website or platform must have the following live and operational at the time they submit their application:
• Professional presentation of items
• Fully functioning and secured payment system
• Ability and guarantee to mail items within five (5) days of purchase
• Established cancellation, return, and refund policy that is clearly stated on the website
• Accurate inventory of each item clearly displayed
Applications must also include:
• A link to a representative image that can be downloaded for the Guide
– Minimum size: 800 pixels wide, 300 DPI
• Two lines of text describing items for sale on your platform
Applicants must agree to maintain an accurate count of inventory through the duration of the online sale. There is no fee to apply and entrepreneurs featured in the Guide retain 100% of their sales.
The application can be accessed online. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.