Deadline: Saturday, December 3 by midnight
EXHIBITION DATES: January 19 – February 23, 2017
The Prince George’s County Gateway Arts District is a nationally recognized initiative that is unique in its focus on artists and their work, with a handful of organizations serving to support nearly 150 professional artists who maintain studios in the Arts District. It is unlike any other area in the Capital region, and anchors sustainable community building along the Route 1 corridor by maintaining its creativity. Creative Corridor at the Prince George’s Community College Marlborough Gallery showcases the important role the Gateway Arts District plays as a cultural hub for the region, as well as the diversity of the work created in it.
Creative Corridor is open to artists who live, work, or study, or make art in the Prince George’s County Gateway Arts District. Artists must be at least 18 years of age. Artworks should be no more than 60 inches in any dimension, and must have been completed within the past two years. We cannot support time-based or interactive works in this exhibition.
- Thomas Berault
Professor of Art, Prince George’s Community College
- Phil Davis
Director, Brentwood Art Exchange
- December 3 – Deadline to apply
- December 10 – Artists notified
- January 7, 9, 10, 11 – Artists drop off work at Brentwood Arts
- January 19, 2017 – Exhibition Opens to the public
- February 9 – Opening reception, 7-9 pm.
- February 23 – Exhibition closes at 12 noon.
- March 1-5 – Artists pick up artwork at the Brentwood Arts Exchange.
Artists may submit up to three artworks for consideration by Email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email applications must be received by midnight on Saturday, December 3.
On a CD delivered to the Brentwood Arts Exchange attn: Creative Corridor. Applications on CD must be received by 4 pm on Saturday, December 3. Each application should include:
- Images of up to 3 artworks to be considered.
- Artists submitting images of three-dimensional artwork may include up to two images of each artwork as details or alternate views of the artworks included in the application.
- A list of works/images that includes titles, media, size, and dates created.
- Image files should be submitted in jpeg format and no larger than 2MB.
- (Optional) An artist’s statement relevant to the artwork submitted.
- (Optional) An SASE for the return of CDs. CDs will not be returned unless an SASE with adequate postage is provided.
- Artists submitting works on CD are strongly encouraged to write their name and email address on the CD.
- Mail/Hand Delivery:
Attn: Phil Davis
Brentwood Arts Exchange
3901 Rhode Island Avenue
Brentwood, MD 20722
SHIPPING & INSTALLATION
Artists are solely responsible for transporting their artwork to and from the drop-off/pick up location. The artwork delivered must match the images submitted for consideration and must be delivered in good condition and properly presented. Please direct specific questions about presentation to email@example.com. All artwork will be installed by Prince George’s Community College staff.
SALES & INSURANCE
Artworks will be insured by Prince George’s Community College while on display in the gallery only. Sales are processed by Prince George’s Community college at no commission.
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org