Deadline: Sunday, May 28, 2017
In celebration of the 500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation the Dadian Gallery presents ReFORMation, an exhibition exploring the legacy of the Reformation on contemporary artists in the United States. This legacy is complex as it contains elements of iconoclasm and the use of imagery.
They invite submissions by active members of Protestant church traditions who create work for use in their worship communities, or as part of their own spiritual practice. They also invite work by artists who are critical of the tradition, yet are inspired or even haunted by that heritage.
Entries in all media will be selected based on artistic excellence and a demonstrated relevance to the theme. They will also accept proposals for works in progress.
Eligibility: Open to all Maryland/Washington/Virginia artists
Entry Fee: Free
- May 28: Entries due
- June 12: Accepted artists notified
- October 10: Work and statement received by gallery
- October 16: Exhibition opens
- October 31: Artist talk and reception
- December 15: Exhibition closes
- Submit up to four images of work already created or in process
- Brief statement that relates the artwork to the exhibition theme
For further information: www.luceartsandreligion.org/reformation
Send submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org