Deadline: February 4, 2019 at 5pm EST
View the full call here.
Dance Place is happy to announce a call for lead artwork for the 32nd Annual DanceAfrica, DC Festival. This year’s festival will take place May 28-June 2, 2019. The selected Lead Artwork will be featured on the following materials:
- Official 2019 DanceAfrica, DC Festival T-shirt
- DanceAfrica, DC promotional materials (including poster, postcard, metro advertisements, and more)
- Dance Place website and social media
The selected artist will receive:
- Four FREE Tickets to any DanceAfrica, DC indoor presentation
- Two FREE t-shirts featuring artist’s work
- FREE vending space in 2019 festival (if desired)
- $100 stipend
The selected design will be determined by Griot Mama Sylvia Soumah and take into account the creativity of the design and how well it reflects the spirit of Dance Place’s DanceAfrica, DC Festival.
- Design must be no more than two-color due to t-shirt printing (or include a two-color variant for t-shirts).
- Be prepared to upload your design in one of the following formats: AI (Adobe Illustrator), eps or PDF.
- Deadline for submissions is February 4, 2019 at 5pm EST
Interested in submitting a design? Email your vector art high-resolution image (300 dpi) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Large Files may be uploaded to: https://www.dropbox.com/request/LW8T50aR7JKoWjjvGhC7
In the body of your email, please include:
- Artist name
- Title of work (if applicable)
- Crediting language for work, to be included with work whenever used
Dance Place reserves the right to use all designs for future marketing purposes. No reproduced images will be accepted. Your submission must be original artwork. There is no limit to the number of entries per entrant during the entry period. If your submission needs to be reproduced to ensure the highest quality of printing, we will do our best to recreate the most accurate design.
The call is open to all and we encourage applicants of all races, genders, national origins, religions, abilities, veteran’s statuses, sexual orientations, gender identities and gender expressions to submit. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these official rules.