Deadline: Friday, February 26, 2016
The DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities (DCCAH) is seeking advisory review panelists for the FY17 grant season. Panelists are integral to the DCCAH’s grants process because they review applications, provide comments, and score applications in order to recommend recipients of DCCAH grant awards.
Residents of the District of Columbia metropolitan area are encouraged to nominate themselves or their peers to serve as a panelist. Selected panelists will demonstrate expertise through involvement in one or more sectors of the creative economy in the District for a minimum of two years. Individuals with arts and humanities backgrounds make the strongest candidates (i.e. artists, arts administrators, arts educators, gallery professionals, curators, art critics, etc.) The DCCAH supports panel diversity in all forms: age, race, gender, disabilities, sexual orientation, artistic discipline, location, etc.
For FY17, the DCCAH offers grant programs which will be paneled during the summer of 2016 including:
- Arts Education Projects: Project-based arts & humanities programming for Pre K-18 & professional development opportunities
- Arts and Humanities Fellowship Program: Individual grant for excellence in the arts and humanities
- DC Heritage Grant Program: General operating support for arts, humanities and arts education organizations designated as a 501(c)(3) on or before 1/1/09 and providing at least seven (7) years of program delivery in DC.
- Facilities Projects: Project-based capital improvements and purchase of arts & humanities facilities
- Festivals and Projects: Project-based programming
- East of the River: General operating support and project support to programs that impact residents of Wards 7 & 8
- Public Art Building Communities: Temporary and permanent public art projects
- UPSTART: Organizational capacity-building
FY16 Advisory Review Panel Timeline
Panelists will have 4-6 weeks to review a maximum of 35 applications. DCCAH estimates that a panelist will spend 40 hours reviewing applications on-line. All advisory panel meetings will take place at the DCCAH office and most meetings last one business day or less.
Résumés must include the nominee’s full name and home address along with professional experience, knowledge and skills related to the arts or related fields. All applications will receive a confirmation of receipt within 48 hours of submission. The DCCAH staff will contact panelist nominees to confirm interest and availability if a nominee is being considered to serve on an advisory review panel. Panelists are appointed to one panel per year for a maximum of three consecutive years and do not receive compensation.
- February 26, 2016: Application Deadline for DC Heritage Grant Program
- June 1, 2016: Panelists Begin Reviewing Applications for Project Support
- July 2016 – Aug 2016: Panels Meet
To submit your resume, email Grants Director Steven Mazzola at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 202- 724-5613. Please ensure your home address is clearly indicated at the top of the resume.