Any Body, Every Body
Call for artists, makers, participants!
What do all humans – and even some extraterrestrials – have in common? We all have bodies!
In October, Rhizome will host Any Body, Every Body – part accumulation, part celebration, part exhibition, part amalgamation, part participation, part congregation – recognizing the fun and frustration of living with a body.
- Exhibition and Collaboration: DC-area artists who are selected will contribute in two ways – by exhibiting 2D and 3D work that relates to the body in some way – any way; as well as contributing to an exquisite corpse game. Each artist will complete a body part at home that will be combined with those of other participants during a collaborative session. Recycled and upcycled materials are encouraged. Get your friends, neighbors and kids to help with this part!
- Community Project: Participants of all ages will create experimental sculptures inspired by anatomy using found and repurposed materials at this drop-in activity. Saturday, Oct. 14 11-1pm
- Celebration: Invite people to join the fun! Check out the exhibition and take pictures with your faves! Join in a surrealist game! Enjoy potluck-style snacks and beverages for this gathering. Sunday, Oct. 22, 3-5 pm.
Please submit photos of existing 2D and 3D work for the exhibition to [email protected] by Sept. 23.
We’ll let you know by Sept. 25 which piece(s) will be included and which body part you can start making to bring in on Oct. 4.
This quick turnaround ensures that the project maintains a spirit of spontaneity and experimentation.
There is no fee to apply.
Thank you for participating – we can’t wait to get started with this project!
- Artwork drop off and collaborative session: Wednesday, Oct, 4, 6-8 pm (or by appointment)
- Community Project: Saturday, Oct. 14, 11-1 pm
- Exhibition Celebration: Sunday, Oct. 22, 3-5 pm
Rhizome is located at 6950 Maple St. NW, Washington, DC
For more information about Any Body, Every Body please contact: [email protected]