The Denbo Fellowship is designed to offer artists, from a range of artistic disciplines, an environment conducive to individual and collaborative creative practice. This Fellowship will provide a unique opportunity to complete a new body of work at Pyramid Atlantic Art Center.
Three artists will be selected for the Fall fellowship.
Selected artists will receive:
- Up to one month of access to Pyramid’s printshop, paper studio or bindery
- Key to studios and 24-hour access
- Ten hours of one-on-one technical assistance
- A locker and flat file for tools and materials
- Use of standard shop supplies
- A stipend for travel, materials, housing, etc. ($250 two weeks, $350 three weeks, or $500 one month)
Housing is not provided, although we can make a couple of recommendations for housing that is close to Pyramid.
Current Pyramid Atlantic Board members and artistic associates are not eligible for the Denbo Fellowship.
Eligibility: Each applicant will be judged on the artistic merit of his/her work, interest and potential in printmaking, paper arts and book arts (or a combination thereof), as well as the quality and clarity of his/her plan for the residency. Although previous experience in a PAAC discipline may be helpful to a successful applicant, such experience is not necessary or expected. Artists are also expected to give a talk about their work during their residency.
Residency Length: minimum 2 weeks, maximum 1 month and should take place between September 15 and December 11, 2022 (specify dates in the application).
Facilities: Pyramid Atlantic Art Center is the premier printmaking, papermaking, and book arts workshop in the region. Please see our website for more information regarding facilities.
Selection Process: A panel of professionals including artists, curators, and arts administrators will jury each round of applications. The review panel for the Fall 2022 Denbo Fellowship is:
- Michael Booker, Artist & Professor
- Debra Weisberg, Artist & Former Denbo Fellow
- Adam Ortiz, Director at the Department of Environmental Protection & Pyramid Board Member
Three fellowships will be awarded for the Fall 2022 session
Deadline: June 18, 2022
Notification: July 18, 2022