This month-long group show at the Foundry’s industrial-style space in Washington, DC is open to painting, drawing, mixed media and photography by artists age 18 and up in the greater Washington area (you have to be close enough to deliver your work). One of Washington’s premier contemporary galleries, the Foundry promotes the work of emerging and accomplished regional artists.
Work is limited to 36” wide. If accepted it should be professionally presented, with a wire on the back, and works on paper should be framed. There is no theme.
All art will be for sale, and the gallery retains a 40% commission. Work may not be removed before the end of the show.
How to Enter
- Apply through SmarterEntry. Go to https://client.smarterentry.com/FoundryGallery and follow the instructions.
- Applicants may submit up to 5 images.
- Entry Fee: $40, payable by credit card.
- Open for submissions: May 1, 2022
- Deadline for submissions: June 30, 2022
Schedule, notification and delivery
- Application deadline June 30, 2022
- Notification July 10, 2022 Applicants will be told the results of the jury by email.
- Delivery Accepted work must be delivered and picked up in person. Shipments cannot be accepted. Please bring accepted work to the gallery on Sunday, July 31 between 3:00 and 7:00.
- Show starts August 5, 2022
- Opening reception Saturday, August 6, 4:30 – 6:30 pm.
- Pick-up Unsold work must be picked up in person on Monday, August 29 between 1:00 and 5:00 pm.
Publicity and opening reception
Foundry Gallery will prepare and send out a press release and otherwise publicize the exhibit. Artists are encouraged to attend the opening reception on Saturday, August 6 from 4:30 – 6:30 pm, whether the reception is in person or online. If there is no in-person reception artists are encouraged to bring friends to see the show during open hours and the gallery will have light refreshments available.
Artists retain copyright to their own images. Artists whose work is chosen grant Foundry Gallery permission to use images for promoting the exhibition, the artist, or Foundry Gallery, including use on social media. Artists grant usage as stated without further compensation.
Liability and permission
All care will be taken to ensure the safety of artwork. However, Foundry Gallery will not be liable for damage or loss that occurs during the delivery, exhibition or removal of artwork. Submission of an entry application constitutes the artist’s agreement to all terms and conditions described in this call to artists.
Matt Malone at email@example.com