Bethesda-based arts organization seeks a part-time, paid Summer Program and Exhibition Intern. We are looking for a detail-oriented individual to become part of our programs and exhibitions team in support of our annual Labor Day Art Show and other events, public programs and exhibitions. The ideal candidate will have experience in administrative support, visual arts, galleries or exhibitions, and communication with the public. This internship position is onsite.
The Glen Echo Park Partnership for Arts and Culture is a nonprofit organization formed to manage and operate the programs and facilities at Glen Echo Park, an arts and cultural center located within a National Park site in Montgomery County. Glen Echo Park is a community of artists, educators, dancers, and performers who share their knowledge and expertise with participants and audiences of all ages and skill levels. The Partnership is dedicated to encouraging public participation in all that the Park has to offer.
Reports to: Exhibitions and Gallery Coordinator
Office location: Arcade Building, 7300 MacArthur Blvd. Glen Echo, MD.
- Support production of the annual Labor Day Art Show on view September 1-4, 2023 including but not limited to assisting with exhibition tasks, data entry, communication with artist participants, volunteer recruitment, exhibition and event set-up, and staffing of related events
- Assist with production and exhibition installation for ongoing Partnership Galleries activities
- Staff special events during the summer at the Park
- Provide administrative support as needed
- Be on-time and consistent in reporting to work during hours listed below
- Act professional and courteous at all times
- Maintain a professional demeanor
- Act as an excellent representative of the Partnership
Hours: Part-time seasonal position. Regular hours weekdays, approximately 16-20 hours per week starting May through early September 2023. Internship regular schedule is Tuesday-Friday. Some evening/weekend hours required for special events. Intern must be available to work onsite during the Labor Day Art Show (September 1 – 4, 2023).
Physical and other requirements: Must be able to provide own transportation, including during hours when public transportation is not operating; lift and move up to 25 pounds and walk throughout the Park for event setup; verbally speak fluent English to engage patrons and communicate with artists and volunteers.
- Junior or Senior college student or recent grad preferred.
- Ability to work independently; excellent organizational, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Some experience in education, special events, gallery work or exhibitions preferred.
- Familiarity with visual arts mediums strongly preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft office programs.
- Current COVID-19 vaccination required.
To Apply: With “Summer Program and Exhibition Intern” in the subject line, please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. By mail, send to GEPPAC, Attn: Exhibitions and Gallery Coordinator, 7300 MacArthur Blvd., Glen Echo, MD 20812
The Glen Echo Park Partnership for Arts and Culture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, family responsibility, pregnancy, genetic status or information, military or veteran status or any status protected by federal, state, or local law.