Deadline: Sunday, May 20, 2018 11:59pm (EDT)
Calling all artists, artist-teams, and designers. The Golden Triangle Business Improvement District (BID) invites you to submit your qualifications to be considered for temporary public art projects to be installed at two different locations along Connecticut Avenue. The scope of work is to include the design, fabrication, and installation of two temporary artworks at the following locations:
- Connecticut Avenue Overlook (just south of Dupont Circle)
- Connecticut Avenue Median (at K Street NW)
The project budget for each of the selected artworks is up to $35,000. Fees for artists/artist teams cannot exceed 20% of total project budget. Up to five semi-finalists for each site may be selected to create concept proposals. Each artist/team will be paid a design proposal stipend.
These two temporary artworks will activate and enliven Connecticut Avenue, one of the most vibrant and bustling corridors in the Golden Triangle neighborhood.
- Install artworks that act as a beacon, creating both drive-by and pedestrian interest.
- Showcase dynamic and distinctive contemporary artworks that enhance the neighborhood.
- Soften or humanize the busy, frenetic locations.
- Select artworks that are site-responsive and complement their locations.
- Create a strong visual impact on the space evident during the day and at night.