Deadline: May 21, 2016
The Greater Reston Arts Center is now accepting applications for its second biennial member exhibition. Juried by a distinguished outside guest curator, this group exhibition will feature multiple artists working in a variety of media and treating a wide range of themes. GRACE’s Artist Member Exhibition has been renamed this year in memory of Mary B. Howard, an artist and longtime board member and supporter of GRACE. Mary’s passionate advocacy of local artists, and her generous bequest to GRACE, are perfectly aligned with the meaning and purpose of the Artist Member Exhibition.
- Deadline to Apply: May 21, 2016
- Notification of Acceptance: June 10, 2016
- Delivery of Works: Monday, June 20, 2016
- Exhibition Dates: June 30 – August 27, 2016
- Opening Reception: Friday, July 15, 6-8 pm
- Pick up of works: Monday, August 29, 2016
Each prospective artist must be a current member of the Greater Reston Arts Center at the $35 level to be considered for this exhibition. Any member artist can submit an artist statement and ten (10) images of work that will be available for the exhibition plus one (1) image that shows framing, scale and overall presentation aesthetic.
Become a member here.
Submissions will be accepted on CD or thumbdrive or electronically via DropBox (preferred). When you submit your materials make sure your contact information is included and accurate. Materials will be returned if you provide a self-addressed, stamped envelope. Notifications will be sent by email.
SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING:
- Eleven (11) images of your work saved as JPEG (files ending in .jpg) at high resolution (300 dpi or higher). The last image must be a presentation image showing any one of the 10 pieces available for exhibition.
- Image list complete with descriptions including title, dimensions, price* and year created. The image file titles need to correspond to the images listed on the image list.*If a piece is Not For Sale please indicate the value of the piece in parenthesis after the letters “NFS”
- Site-specific installations will be considered.
- Erica Harrison: email@example.com