Applications may be filed online at: https://www.mncppc.org/jobs
Art Gallery Manager – Responsibilities:
- Prepare and implement bi-annual call for exhibition entries and present to the Main Gallery Committee. In collaboration with the director, select the next season of gallery artists.
- Install and de-install all exhibitions in the Main Gallery and assist on other department exhibitions (e.g. Black History Month and County Juried Show exhibitions.)
- Promote and market the galleries and exhibitions in print and social media. Send out email blasts to gallery listings through Constant Contact.
- Provide exhibition information to, and work with, the department’s exhibit shop to produce all necessary signage for the exhibitions.
- Contact the risk management department for insurance coverage for all exhibited artwork.
- Prepare all exhibition materials, including guest book, labels and information sheets for the public’s access. In collaboration with graphics staff, oversee development of postcards and print materials for exhibit promotion.
- Help identify and program new events related to the exhibitions in the gallery. (Examples include gallery talks, gallery chats, lectures, and workshops.)
- Assist with planning/implementing public receptions for each Main Gallery exhibition.
- Assist with preparing gallery space for next exhibition by patching and painting walls.
- Maintain and order gallery supplies.
- When needed, assist with the general upkeep and front office operations of facility.
- Other duties as assigned
- Prepare and implement bi-annual call for exhibition entries and present to the Community Galleries Advisory Board. In collaboration with the director, select the next season of gallery artists.
- Install and de-install for each exhibition in each of the Community Galleries (Chesapeake Gallery, Potomac Gallery, Livingston Gallery, and Regional Gallery).
- If applicable, plan and implement public receptions for artists in Community Galleries.
This is an intermittent staff position; up to 30 hours per week.