About DC Arts Studios (DCAS):
DCAS is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit arts organization founded in 1979 that provides studio space to over 80 artists in the DC Metro area. We are located in the Takoma neighborhood of Washington, D.C, half a block away from Mainstreet Takoma Park, MD. Our ongoing mission is to be an arts incubator for artists and creative entrepreneurs of all disciplines to develop sustainable careers in the DMV and beyond. We provide exhibition opportunities, professional support, and foster connections between our working artists to collaborate and grow in their practice.
Due to a change in our landlord’s priorities, our longtime lease was not renewed past February 2021. As such, DCAS will be relocating to a new space on or before our present lease expires. This is an opportunity for reinvention for our 40 year old arts organization. We are looking for an Administrative Director to help facilitate the transition and lead that new chapter for our organization.
Position Location: DC Arts Studios, 6925 Willow Street, NW, Washington, D.C. 20012
Position Hours: Part time, hourly position.
Twenty (20) hours per week (16 onsite, 2 virtual, 2 flex hours)
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years experience in administration, operations, arts, or nonprofit management. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Bookkeeping experience. Basic working knowledge of Quickbooks required.
- Excellent attention to detail, organization and communication skills, and ability to prioritize time and tasks.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Comfortable with light maintenance repairs.
- General office skills, including Mac platform, MS Office Suite, Google Drive & Calendar, Weebly website updating, social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc), Internet research.
- Self motivated professional, able to work effectively as the only employee in an often fast paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Some schedule flexibility to ensure the needs of the organization and existing or prospective members are being met.
- Experience with graphic design and event promotion/marketing.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with commercial real estate and property management
- Experience managing volunteers & interns.
- Serves as “sales department” to fill studio vacancies, while working to ensure member retention and high studio occupancy rate.
- Maintains accurate records of licensing, finances, and access codes.
- Communicates and enforces the terms of Members’ License Agreements, Landlord Lease, and Policies and Procedures as determined by the Board of Directors.
- Handles emergency and non-emergency maintenance requests from members, and works directly with the landlord and members to resolve issues pertaining to the facility and studios.
- Serves as the organization’s primary point of contact, including with the public, prospective members, DC and Takoma Park officials, commercial real estate contacts for new building search, and other businesses and organizations.
- Processes studio fee payments, addresses member delinquencies, and prepares weekly deposit for offsite accountant.
- Provides administrative support for DCAS Board of Directors, including meeting coordination and communications.
- Maintains presence during regular advertised Open Office Hours (to be based on candidate’s schedule).
- Has some flexibility with working hours to accommodate the needs of DCAS and prospective member tours.
- Coordinates and participates in special events both on and off site, including biannual Open Studios events and 40th Anniversary party.
- Other duties as required to ensure the smooth running of the organization.
For full job description, visit: https://www.dcartsstudios.org/work-with-us.html
Hourly pay range ($23 – $25 /hour) commensurate with experience
Benefits: Position will receive a monthly stipend for parking and two weeks paid vacation annually.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume, writing sample, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “DCAS Administrative Director Position.” Submissions will be accepted until the position is filled.