Deadline to submit applications: November 30, 2018
Prince George’s Arts and Humanities Council is seeking a Marketing and Communications Manager to work closely with the Executive Director to develop and implement a marketing and communication strategy as the organization is experiencing increased levels of growth.
The Marketing and Communications Manager is responsible for developing and implementing a marketing and communication strategy to broaden awareness and strengthen Prince George’s Arts and Humanities Council (PGAHC) brand across key stakeholders. He or she will identify emerging topics and work with the organization’s leadership to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted high-level audiences including media, public officials, and key influencers. The Marketing and Communications Manager will be responsible for organizing creative campaigns and events to promote and enhance PGAHC’s public image with the goal of strengthening our reputation and facilitating our continuous growth.
- Manage the continued development and use of the PGAHC’s brand
- Create content for and maintain PGAHC’s web site as well as our presence on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram in line with the marketing and communications strategy
- Serve as lead contact for media requests and coordinate responses
- Write and distribute timely press releases
- Publicize major events and activities including ED and Board of Director’s speaking engagements
- Help draft scripts and talking points for various events and donor presentations
- Develop and execute communication campaigns (social media strategy) and manage ongoing content
- Cultivate relationships with stakeholders including media, advocacy organizations, and PGAHC’s supporters
- Ad hoc support to promote the organization at key moments (e.g., fundraising gala, ribbon-cutting for new projects, etc.)
- Monitor, measure and report performance of marketing campaigns
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree (Marketing & Communication focus)
- 5 years or more experience leading and supporting marketing and communication plans
- Familiarity with social media and web analytics
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Experience in using industry leading software and technologies
United States (Preferred)
This is a full-time position with benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision.
Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirement with subject line “Marketing Manager” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Prince George’s Arts and Humanities Council is an equal opportunity employer.