Martha Spak Gallery is honored to invite artists to submit the work to the themed exhibition Art in Bloom. Enter work that is any interpretation of the call. Our goal is to discover unique artistic visions and showcase them. All mediums are welcome.
A vital vehicle for many contemporary artists is to show their work to eager collectors and be recognized for their talents. This exhibition coincides with the National Cherry Blossom Festival in DC which attracts tens of thousands of visitors to the Wharf. We are located just steps from many Cherry Blossom events and the picturesque blossoms.
Cash prizes will be awarded for Best in Show, Second Place and Third Place. There will also be the People’s Choice Award chosen by Wharf visitors. This exhibition will be both in the gallery and in the virtual gallery on the website.
Barbara Morrison Januszkiewicz is an American painter who is best known for her stylistic independence. However she has associations with both the Washington Color School, conceptual art and avant-garde schools. She specializes in a hybrid style that blurs the line between drawing and painting.
- Artists must be at least 18 years and older and be able to deliver and pick up their work.
- All 2D and 3D entries must be original and created solely by the artist within the past 3 years.
- Work must be for sale.
- A $35 entry fee to submit up to 3 works of art. Additional entries may be entered by submitting additional entry forms. Create a free account then submit your work.
- All artists will receive notification by email.
- Accepted artists and artwork will also be posted on the Gallery website.
AWARDS Cash awards total $500 chosen by the juror. (Best in Show, 2nd Place, 3rd Place).
SALES Artists will retain 70% from sales. The Gallery retains 30% commission on any work sold through the Gallery.
- ENTRY DEADLINE February 28
- NOTIFICATION March 5
- ARTWORK DROP OFF March 8
- EXHIBITION March 10 – April 24, 2022
- OPENING RECEPTION Friday, March 11 from 6-8PM Juror Awards: Best in Show, 2nd Place, 3rd Place announced.
- ART PICK UP April 25
Inquiries and questions can be submitted to GalleryDirector@MarthaSpakGallery.com