General Exhibitions call for entry- 2024 season
Department of Parks and Recreation seeks proposals from artists to present exhibitions for the 2024 season. Solo and group exhibitions are welcome.
This call is open to all artists in the District/Maryland/Virginia Area who are 18 years of age or older. If an artist is already scheduled to participate in another solo exhibition during the 2023-2024 exhibition season at any Prince George’s County Parks and Recreation arts center or facility, they will not be eligible for consideration for this opportunity. Additional consideration will be given to artists who have not exhibited with any Prince George’s County Parks and Recreation arts center or facility in the past 2 years.
We are seeking exhibition proposals for various M-NCPPC facilities including The Publick Playhouse, Watkins Nature Center, The Prince George’s Sports and Learning Complex (SPLEX), the Southern Area Aquatic & Recreation Complex (SAARC), and Snow Hill Manor.
Publick Playhouse- 60 linear feet of wall space.
Watkins Nature Center- 95 linear feet of hallway wall space that provides an intimate and up-close viewing experience. Artworks that are in the size range of 11 x 14 inches to approximately 20 x 24 inches are best suited for this space.
SPLEX- 144 linear feet of wall space. Artworks that are in the size range of 18 x 24 inches and larger would be best suited for this space.
SAARC- availability of space includes 80 linear feet of wall space for larger works up to 4×6 feet
Snow Hill Manor- new space for 2024!
All proposals must be submitted online at m-ncppc.submittable.com. No other forms of application will be accepted.
Only two-dimensional wall-mounted works or contemporary digital media/video works can be accommodated in the various facilities that we are programming at this time.
All proposals must include:
- Contact information for the artist applicant
- An artist statement, no longer than one page.
- A résumé or Curriculum Vitae for each artist
- 15-25 image samples of a cohesive body of work; OR 5 segments of audio and/or video, each no longer than five minutes in duration; OR an appropriate combination of images, video, audio and web-based work
- Proposals may include detail images for 2D works or stills of digital works
- An image list including titles, media, size, and year created for all artworks in the proposal.
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact:
Visual Arts Specialist
Link to application:https://m-ncppc.submittable.com/submit