Montpelier Arts Center is holding a competition for exhibitions that will be held in the Library Gallery, September 2022 – July 2023. To be eligible, artists must be 18 years and older and reside in Maryland. Application deadline is March 13, 2022. For Information and to Submit
Previous winners from 2017 to the present are ineligible. The juror may elect to exhibit artists who apply for solo shows or artists who apply as groups.
An honorarium of $300 will be presented for each exhibition to the artist(s) exhibiting (i.e. groups would share the $300 honorarium.) The Montpelier Arts Center staff will handle all promotion and installation, as well as the reception. Please note, Montpelier Arts Center retains a 25% commission on sales of works sold during the competition.
Due to the ongoing pandemic, all exhibitions are subject to being virtual only, by appointment, and/or without a reception.
There is no entry fee for this competition.
- All entries must be submitted online at https://montpelierartscenter.submittable.com/ by Sunday, March 13, 2022 at 11:59 pm.
- Selected Artist/Artist Group will need to confirm exhibition month by Wednesday, April 6, 2021
- Artist/Artist Group statement that includes a statement about artwork to be exhibited if selected for an exhibition.
- Current résumé of all artists to exhibit.
- A proposal of no more than 500 words (click here to see a floor plan of the Library Gallery).
- Preferred month for your show and include second and third choices. Exhibitions typically run 6-8 weeks.
- A minimum of 10 and a maximum of 15 digital images that best exemplify your portfolio/proposal. Images must be in JPEG format at a minimum 300 dpi resolution.
Submission Deadline: Sunday, March 13, 2022, 11:59 pm.
Notification of selections: March 28, 2022.
Selected Artist/Artist Group will need to confirm exhibition month by Wednesday, April 6, 2022.
For more information, please call 301-377-7800; TTY 301-699-2544 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Montpelier Arts Center is a facility of The Maryland-National Park and Planning Commission, Department of Parks & Recreation, Prince George’s County, Arts and Cultural Heritage Division. The Maryland-National Park and Planning Commission is supported by a grant from the Maryland State Arts Council, an agency dedicated to cultivating a vibrant cultural community where the arts thrive. The Department of Parks and Recreation encourages and supports the participation of individuals with disabilities. Register at least a minimum of two weeks in advance of the program start date to request and receive a disability accommodation.