Sacatar accepting applications online for residency Fellowships in 2023 at the Instituto Sacatar, located on the island of Itaparica across the bay from Salvador, Bahia, Brazil. Sacatar will host selected artists providing them a private bedroom with attached bath, a separate working studio appropriate to their artistic discipline, all meals (except Saturday evenings, Sundays and Brazilian holidays), and laundry service. Sacatar also provides logistical support to connect the artist to the local communities as the artist may wish. In 2023, Sacatar will offer specific residency sessions lasting between seven and nine weeks.
Creative individuals of all nationalities working in any discipline may apply. Applications must be submitted electronically.
To submit an application, go to sacatar.slideroom.com. After you sign up, you will receive an email confirming that you can log in. When you log in, you will find all the information you will need to complete an application.
There are three steps to the application:
- Fill out the application form
- Upload recent examples of your work
- Pay the application fee of US$25.00 and hit SUBMIT
You can ‘SAVE AND EXIT’ as many times as you like before you submit your application. Once you SUBMIT, you can make no further corrections or changes.
The deadline for all applications will be midnight, August 01, 2022. (Local time in Bahia, Brazil)
They will announce the results in October 2022. We conduct interviews with all semi-finalists before awarding Fellowship to finalists. Through this Open Selection Process, we will offer 24-32 individual Fellowships for residencies between March 2023 and January 2024.
- Applicants must apply individually. No group proposals will be considered.
- Former Fellows may not apply. They will continue to offer alternate ways that former Fellows may return to pursue additional work at Sacatar. They will write former Fellows directly with these opportunities.