Deadline: Monday, February 5, 2018 by 11:59pm
The Off-Rhode Gallery at Art Enables is an auxiliary arts space dedicated to local, emerging, and self-taught artists. Exhibiting both small group shows by Art Enables’ artists as well as artists from across the broader DC region, the Off-Rhode Gallery seeks to showcase dynamic, rich, and provocative work in a spacious yet intimate venue.
Open to: Artists living or working in DC, Maryland, or Virginia.
To be considered: Please submit photos of up to 10 pieces (both 2-D works and 3-D works will be considered) to email@example.com by February 5th, 2018 11:59pm. Submissions may also be shared using Dropbox.
- Work should be made within the last 5 years by an artist who lives or works in DC, Maryland, or Virginia and consist of at least 25% reused or repurposed materials, to include artwork made on or with found or recycled objects, reused or recycled art mediums or backgrounds, artwork incorporating premade objects or images, etc.
- All submissions must be sent electronically to be considered.
- Work should not exceed 60” in any one dimension.
- Any selected work MUST BE READY TO HANG. Any pieces selected that arrive not ready to hang will be returned to the artist upon delivery. 3-D work is accepted, but the artist must provide the pedestal or display mechanism, to be discussed with the gallery director upon notification of acceptance.
- Images should be submitted in the JPEG format, ideally a 4”x6” image size.
- Please label all images with the artists last name and title in the JPEG file (Example: Smith_Title.JPEG) and include a corresponding image list, with the JPEG file name, artwork title, medium, year, size, and price.
- Please include an artist bio and an artist statement with your application.
- February 5th – Images due by 11:59pm to firstname.lastname@example.org
- February 8th – Notification to artists regarding accepted work
- February 26th – March 2nd – All selected artwork to be received by 4pm, March 2nd
- March 10th – Show opens with artist reception in conjunction with 2nd Saturday Workshop 1 – 4pm
- May 5th – Show closes
- May 9th – 11th – Pickup all unsold artwork; arrangements to be confirmed with gallery director
For more information, visit https://art-enables.org/exhibitions/call-to-artists/.