Deadline: March 1, 2018
Notification: March 15, 2018
CALL FOR ENTRIES: Pyramid Atlantic Art Center seeks exhibition proposals for its outdoor gallery, Pump House Pop-up, a 117 square foot open-air former garage, located near the defunct Sligo Waterworks pumping station. The exhibition will run from May to July, 2018.
Location: Hilltop Road, between Maple and Geneva Aves. Takoma Park, MD
Selected artist will receive:
- Selected artist will receive a $500 stipend
- 12 hours of instruction or studio time at Pyramid Atlantic in the printmaking, papermaking or book arts studio(s)
- An exhibition opening reception, stencil signage, invitation postcard and promotion through our website and social media
Applications will be judged on
- Merit of artist’s current and previous work, specifically outdoor and site-specific work
- Artist’s interest, response or connection with the space, its history and/or location
- Quality and clarity of his/her plan for the exhibition
- Artist’s description of the way they plan on using PAAC’s facilities, equipment and/or teaching staff in artwork/exhibition production
Although previous experience in a PAAC discipline may be helpful, such experience is not necessary or expected.