Deadline: October 26, 2018
Notification: November 23, 2018
This Fellowship is designed to offer artists, from a range of artistic disciplines, an environment conducive to individual and collaborative creative practice, and provides a unique opportunity to complete a new body of work at Pyramid Atlantic Art Center.
Selected artists will receive:
- Up to one month of access to the printshop, typeshop, paper studio and/or bindery
- Key to studios and 24 hour access
- Ten hours of one-on-one technical assistance
- A stipend for travel, materials, housing, etc. ($250 two weeks, $350 three weeks, or $500 one month)
- Storage space and flat file for tools and materials
- Use of standard shop supplies
Eligibility: Each applicants will be judged on the artistic merit of his/her work, interest and potential in printmaking, paper arts and book arts (or combination thereof), as well as the quality and clarity of his/her plan for the residency. Although previous experience in a Pyramid Atlantic discipline may be helpful to a successful applicant, such experience is not necessary or expected. Artists are also asked to give an artist talk during their residency.
Residency Length: Minimum 2 weeks, maximum 1 month (specify amount of time in application)
Selection Process: A panel of professionals including artists, curators, and arts administrators will jury each round of applications.