Deadline: Friday, November 11, 2016
This Fellowship is designed to offer artists, from a range of artistic disciplines, an environment conducive to individual and collaborative creative practice, and provides a unique opportunity to complete a new body of work at Pyramid Atlantic Art Center.
They are now accepting applications for Winter/Spring Denbo Fellows, for residencies taking place during the months of January, March & May 2017.
Selected artists will receive:
- Up to one month of access to the printshop, paper studio and/or bindery
- Key to studios and 24 hour access
- Ten hours of one-on-one technical assistance or one workshop
- Housing less than one mile from Pyramid studios
- Storage space and flat file for tools and materials
- Use of standard shop supplies
Each applicants will be judged on the artistic merit of his/her work, interest and potential in printmaking, paper arts and book arts (or combination thereof), as well as the quality and clarity of his/her plan for the residency. Although previous experience in a PAAC discipline may be helpful to a successful applicant, such experience is not necessary or expected. Artists are also asked to give a brief gallery talk about their work during their residency.
Minimum 2 weeks, maximum 1 month (specify amount of time in application)
A panel of professionals including artists, curators, and arts administrators will jury each round of applications.