Deadline: Friday, July 14, 2017 at 4pm EST
Project Budget: $30,000
Site Location: RIA Event Space at 1301 Rhode Island Ave NE
Mural Specifications: Surface Dimension: minimum of 30′ x 60′ or 1800 square feet
The DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities (CAH) in partnership with MidCity Development (MidCity) seeks a DC-based mural artist to design, create and install a temporary surface mural on the concrete plaza of RIA Event Space that will be activated through multiple public events and community programs. The mural is intended to inspire the surrounding Brentwood and Brookland neighborhoods.
- To activate and enliven the RIA Event Space off Rhode Island Ave and Montana Ave NE.
- Create a vibrant ground mural on the plaza surface to contribute to an inviting event space.
- Engage the community neighborhood residents in the conceptualization of a community mural.
This opportunity is open to District of Columbia (DC) based artists over the age of 18 who can demonstrate residency in Washington, DC. Individual applicant must be a DC resident for at least one (1) year prior to the deadline of the application, maintain residency during the project period and have a permanent DC address, as listed on government issued identification and/or tax returns. Post office boxes may not be used to substantiate residency.
For more information regarding the project, or clarification about requirements, proposals, work sample submissions and any grant portal assistance, please contact the project managers below at the DC Commission on the Arts and Humanities.
- Ron Humbertson, Art Collections Registrar: firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-719-6527
- Kyra Saffran, Public Art Program Assistant: email@example.com or 202-299-5695
For complete details on this call please visit: www.dcarts.dc.gov