Deadline: Friday, August 3, 2018
The S&R Foundation Washington Award recognizes talented emerging artists working in visual arts, music, and dance.
This year they are excited to announce the amount of the Washington Award will be increased to a cash prize of $10,000. In addition, the Awards Committee may designate a Grand Prize winner who will receive an additional $5,000.
2019 applications are now open through August 3, 2018. Click here to apply.
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
- Applicant must be working in music, dance, or visual arts including painting,
photography, sculpture or interdisciplinary arts.
- Applicant may not be enrolled either part-time, full-time, or finishing work in a degree-granting program.
- Applicant must not have received an advanced level of recognition in his or her
- Applicant must include two references from recognized authorities or
professionals in the applicant’s discipline. These references will be contacted if
applicants reach the top ten.
- Applications must be received by August 3, 2018. All applications must include
- A completed application form.
- The applicant’s biography, CV and photograph.
- A sample photograph, recording, or video tape of the applicant’s work.
(See application for specific requirements.)
- The name, phone number, and email address of two recognized
authorities or professionals in the applicant’s discipline.
- The required essay.
Terms & Conditions
- In General. The S&R Washington Award Application Form and the Terms and deadlines for the S&R Washington Award posted on the S&R Foundation website form part of these terms and conditions.
- Right to Amend. S&R Foundation reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions for the S&R Washington Award or cancel the Award at its sole discretion.
- Decisions are Final. The decision of S&R Foundation is final and no correspondence or other review will be entered into regarding its decision.
- Visas. Visas, when required, are the responsibility of the Applicant. S&R Foundation, although willing to provide any information related to the S&R Washington Award that an Applicant needs, is not responsible for obtaining any visas an Applicant may need to enter the United States of America. An Applicant’s failure to obtain a visa in time to comply with these terms and conditions will not excuse the Applicant’s failure to comply with these terms and conditions.
- Proper Attire for Awards Ceremony and Performances. S&R Washington Award Winners attending S&R Foundation sponsored events must wear professional attire. Men and women will be asked to wear cocktail attire to the Washington Award Ceremony.
- Awards Ceremony. The S&R Washington Awards ceremony is generally scheduled in mid to late spring in the Washington, DC area. S&R Foundation will notify S&R Washington Award Winner the date of the ceremony as soon as it is finalized, and S&R Washington Award Winner is requested to reserve these four (4) days until such notice. Attendance for the entire event is mandatory for any S&R Washington Award Winner. No Award or Award money will be given to any Winner who fails to attend the entire event. S&R Washington Award Winners may be given an opportunity to speak or perform at the Awards Ceremony. S&R Foundation will set the amount of time each Winner may speak or perform, and the Winners must strictly comply with the time allotments.
- Tax Documents. Winners must provide S&R Foundation with a completed IRS Form W–‐9, Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification, or W8–‐ BEN before receiving any Award money. The Foundation may be required to withhold tax from the Award money of any Winner who does not provide a completed Form W–‐9 or W8–‐BEN.
- Publicity and Promotion. For marketing purposes, S&R Washington Award Winners must supply an updated photo of himself or herself and biography prior to the Award Ceremony. S&R Washington Award Winners agree to comply with any reasonable request by S&R Foundation to take part in publicity and promotional activities surrounding the S&R Washington Award.
- Report. S&R Washington Award Winners must submit a written report to S&R Foundation by December of the year following the year in which the Award is received describing how he or she used the Award to advance the mission of S&R Foundation through his or her fine art, music, drama, dance, photography, or film.
To opt out at any time, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Award winners become part of the S&R Foundation network of artists, scientists, and social entrepreneurs.
- Award winners will be invited to the Washington Award Ceremony in Washington DC in Spring 2019.
S&R Washington Award Committee will not return entry materials nor assume
responsibility for material submitted. Please read T&C and FAQ before applying.