To apply, send a resume and cover letter to Frannie Payne (see below).
The Brentwood Arts Exchange is seeking a motivated individual who is passionate about the arts for a part time position as a Marketing and Gallery Assistant.
Job duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Create written content for a variety of publicity materials, including press releases, web pages, e-newsletters, and flyers.
- Draft e-newsletters in Constant Contact according to style guidelines.
- Maintain the marketing calendar.
- Post up-to-date content on third-party digital platforms.
- Research and facilitate advertising purchases.
- Provide customer service in person and over the phone including retail sales and class registrations.
- Perform routine office functions.
- Assist with installation of art exhibitions, including basic wall patching and painting, basic art handling and packaging.
- Maintain the cleanliness of all areas of the facility, including set up and cleaning for classes and events.
The Marketing and Gallery Assistant is a part-time entry-level position with no experience required that will be scheduled to work approximately 2-3 days per week.
The position holder must be able to lift and move up to 25 lbs. and be available to work evenings and weekends. A successful candidate will be outgoing and self-motivated to learn about gallery operations through hands-on work performing the above duties. Positive qualities in consideration for this position include strong writing skills, the ability to relate to diverse audiences, familiarity with contemporary art, and experience using Constant Contact.
To apply send a resume and cover letter to Frannie Payne at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail at Brentwood Arts Exchange, 3901 Rhode Island Avenue, Brentwood, MD 20722.