Deadline: Sunday, November 25, 2018 at 11:59 pm
The Visual Arts Department at Montgomery College, Takoma Park/Silver Spring Campus, is pleased to announce the following opportunity for emerging and established artists.
The King Street Gallery is our main exhibition space in the beautiful Cafritz Foundation Arts Center, located just outside of DC at 930 King Street, Silver Spring MD, and features two person and small group shows, as well as curated exhibitions. This light filled, 1050 square foot gallery is in the main atrium of the building. Its prominent location, open design, and extremely high ceilings (30 feet+) make it a great venue for major exhibitions.
- This call is for any artist over the age of 18.
- All submitted works must be included with permission of the artist.
- We are unable to assist with shipping costs. All shipped work must therefore include return shipping label and container, and may be shipped via USPS, FedEX, or UPS. International Shipping Carriers and/or hand delivery of artwork can be scheduled in advance.
- Our gallery is Mac friendly. If digital/New Media artworks are not Mac compatible, or the artist should supply equipment for display.
- Gallery has available 32 amps max of electrical power. We can accommodate small darkened areas with curtains/screens, but due to our high windows and open ceiling, we do not have the capability to fully darken the space.
- Framed 2D work should arrive ready to be hung with D-rings or wires. Unframed works on paper can be displayed with clips or magnets. Please avoid clip frames, saw-tooth hangers, or taped edges.
- The gallery is equipped with various sized pedestals, wall mountable shelves, and vitrines for 3D work. If our stock cannot accommodate the scale or size of pieces included in exhibit, the artist may need to provide their own
- Please clearly indicate installation instructions on the application if the work requires special installation, or is intended to hang from the ceiling.
- Please indicate on application if any works will alter our space beyond traditional displays on the wall, floor, or pedestals (such as painting walls), or require regular maintenance. Due to the varied responsibilities of our exhibition staff, such works may require the artist’s assistance in maintaining or returning the gallery to its original state during their scheduled deinstallation.
- Exhibitions staff may require the artist to be present during installation of sufficiently complicated work. We may also request a studio visit (in person or virtual) prior to installation to ensure that we have the proper equipment in place to support installation.
For more information, visit https://cms.montgomerycollege.edu/arts-tpss/exhibitions/opportunities.html.