Ward 5 Wonders Call for Entry

By Editorial Team on June 20, 2016

Deadline: Wed, 20 July 2016

Photo courtesy of Art Enables.
Photo courtesy of Art Enables.


Deadline: Wednesday, July 2o by 6pm


The Off-Rhode Gallery is an auxiliary art space dedicated to local, emerging, and self-taught artists. Exhibits, panels, discussions and more happen in this small scale and intimate environment.

Open to: Artists living or working in Ward 5 in Washington DC.

To be considered: Please submit photos of up to 10 pieces (both 2-d works and 3-d works will be considered) to afrazier@art-enables.org. Submissions may also be shared using Dropbox by 6pm Wednesday, July 20th.

Entry requirements:

  1. Work should be made within the last 5 years by an artist who lives or works in Ward 5 in Washington, DC.
  2. All submissions must be sent electronically to be considered
  3. Work should not exceed 72” in any one dimension.
  4. Any selected work MUST BE READY TO HANG. Any pieces selected that arrive not ready to hang will be returned to the artist upon delivery.
  5. Images should be submitted in the JPEG format, ideally a 4”x6” image size.
  6. Please label all images with the artists last name in the JPEG file (Example: Frazier01.JPEG) and include a corresponding image list, with the JPEG file name, artwork title, medium, year, size, and price.
  7. Please include an artist resume and an artist statement with your application.


  • July 20th- Images due by 6pm to afrazier@art-enables.org
  • July 22nd- Notification to artists regarding accepted work
  • July 28th- All selected artwork to be received in person by 4pm
  • August 13th- Show opens with artist reception 1 – 4pm
  • Fri, September 30th- Show closes
  • Fri, October 7th- Deadline for all unsold artwork to be picked up

Sales: For any artwork sold at Off-Rhode Gallery, the artist will receive 60% of the sale. The remaining 40% will go to Art Enables. All checks will be mailed to artist, unless other arrangements have been made, within 30 days of the close of the show.