Deadline: June 7, 2018
Washington Printmakers Gallery seeks small works completed in the last two years from artists nationwide.
Digital Entry Deadline: June 7, 2018.
Eligibility: Hand-pulled prints, screen prints, digital prints, photographs, and three-dimensional work (including artist books) with print components completed within the past two years. Image may be no larger than 100 square inches, with framed size of 256 square inches or less. 3D works are limited to 250 cubic inches. Open to artists 18 years and older.
Exhibition Dates: August 2 – 26, 2018.
Reception & Awards: August 18, 2018, 3-5 PM.
- Grand Prize: Solo exhibition at the Washington Printmakers Gallery in Georgetown.
- 2nd Prize: $250 Gift Certificate from Speedball Art Products.
- 3rd Prize: Solarplate Award gifted by Dan Welden
- 4th Prize: Gift Certificate from Renaissance Graphic Arts.
- 5th Prize: $100 Plaza Art Materials gift card
- Juror’s Award for Best Screen Print: $250 cash award
Entry Fee: $35 for up to four entries.
Entries: Must be made through Submittable. Link is here: http://washingtonprintmakers.com/2018-national-small-works-competition-and-exhibition/
Judging: The juror is Susan Goldman, master printmaker, film maker, and founding director of Lily Press, a LLC, a printmaking and education center in Rockville MD. She has taught printmaking at the Corcoran Collage of Art & Design, MICA, Georgetown University, and for 10 years as a master printmaker and program director of Pyramid Atlantic Arts Center. Artists will be notified of the Juror’s decisions on/about June 19.
Questions?: Email email@example.com.