Deadline: Tuesday, May 25 at 11:59pm ET
Washington Project for the Arts is thrilled to offer their gallery space to an artist-organizer as a studio/workspace from June–August. This residency is intended for artist-organizers to work on research, editing, and/or curatorial projects. The opportunity comes with a $1,500 stipend and up to $500 reimbursement for related expenses.
Please find the application and full details here. The deadline to apply is Tuesday, May 25 at 11:59 pm ET.
- What are you researching right now?
- How will you use the space, and how would access to it benefit your practice and support your research?
- How many working hours do you estimate needing the space and what is your ideal schedule?
- 10 – 20hrs/wk
- 20hrs/wk or more
- How does your practice reflect our values of collaboration, experimentation, and inclusion?
- Has your creative practice been impacted by COVID-19, and if so how?
- Please provide your website or social media handle(s)
- What more would you like to tell us about yourself?
- Upload CV
What you can expect:
- WPA will provide a $1,500 stipend ($750/month) and up to $500 reimbursement for related expenses.
- 800 sq ft space with gallery lighting
- 24/hour access to space, which includes: slop sink, bathroom, kitchenette, Internet access, folding table, and chair (you will have private use of the space, aside from occasional drop-ins from WPA staff for administrative needs)
- Curatorial and research support on a flexible schedule
- Introduction to potential collaborators and resources including curators, scholars, archives, etc
- Application Deadline: Tuesday, May 25, 2021 at 11:59 pm ET
- Application Notification: Friday, June 11, 2021
- Key Handoff & Walkthrough (as early as): Monday, June 21, 2021
- Return Key Handoff & Walkthrough: Monday, August 23, 2021