Deadline: Friday, January 3, 2020, 11:59pm
Washington Project for the Arts (WPA) is inviting artwork submissions for its annual Auction Gala, now called “Collectors’ Night.” All submissions will be reviewed by the WPA staff and selected artists will be invited to participate with between one and five artworks. They split sales proceeds 50-50 with the artists and there is no fee to submit your work.
Eligibility & Selection Requirements
They welcome submissions from artists with artworks that meet the following conditions:
- All professional artists living between New York City, Philadelphia, and Richmond making work that is experimental and/or pushes at the boundaries of traditional practice are eligible to submit.
- All forms of painting, drawing, photography, collage, printmaking (analog and digital), sculpture, and three-dimensional multiples are eligible. *No jewelry, crafts, video or sound art will be accepted at this time.*
- Artists must have exhibited in an artist-run or alternative space, commercial or university gallery, or museum in the past three years.
- Artwork submitted must have been completed in the last three years. Graduate work is acceptable; undergraduate work is not.
- Submitted artworks must have been completed since 2016 and cannot have been shown in previous WPA events/auctions.
- Artists must submit between three (3) and five (5) works.
- All images must be in jpeg format, sized to 5 X 7 (or approx.) inches at 300 dpi.
- All 2-D artwork submissions on paper, if accepted, must be framed and ready to hang with wiring in good condition (No saw-tooth hangers).
- Submissions Deadline: Friday, January 3, 2020, 11:59pm
- Notification of Acceptance: Friday, January 17, 2020
- Local Artwork Drop Off: April 10–11, 2020
- Collectors’ Night: Saturday, April 25, 2020, 7pm–11pm
- Notification of Sale Begins: Tuesday, April 28, 2020
- Local Artwork Pick Up: May 2–3, 2020
- Mailing of Checks for Sold Works: by May 25, 2020