Opening Reception: Saturday July 15 from 7pm to 11pm
Since 2009, artdc has brought Washington, DC-area artists to the public’s view at the artdc Gallery located at the Lustine Center on Route 1 in Hyattsville, MD. Click here to read Eric Hope’s review of artdc Gallery during the Gateway Art Center Open Studio tour.
From Sunday July 10 through August 7th, the gallery will focus on artists from the immediate community, featuring the following six Hyattsville artists:
- Ed Burck
- Tom Cardarella
- Stevie O’ Grady
- Joe Rodgers
- Ruth Horlick
- Chris Suspect.
Emerging from Hyattsville will include a wide variety of works and materials from this selection of Hyattsville-area artists. The gallery’s selections were made by Denise Brown of Hyattsville Community Arts Alliance and Jesse Cohen of artdc Gallery.
As members of the Hyattsville Arts District, artdc sees this exhibition as an opportunity to engage with neighboring artists to bring local emerging contemporary art to the public. In addition, the organizers believe that this event fulfills one of the gallery’s primary goals which is to build community through the arts.
About the artists:
- Ed Burck is a glass artist that creates surfaces with great luminosity.
- Tom Cardarella explores figures and abstraction.
- Stevie O’Grady works in a wide variety of media from glass to paint and beyond.
- Ruth Horlick is a photographer who has created a body of work that captures the social, as well as symbolic expressions of life. Her work often focuses on just portions of graffiti or torn posters.
- Joseph Rodgers is a mixed media artist with an international style and a universal subject mater.
- Chris Suspect is presenting a show in our studio of photography documenting the landscape of Hyattsville with its life and changes.
artdc Gallery is located at The Lustine Center 5710 Baltimore Avenue Hyattsville, MD 20781. For more information visit their website at www.artdc.com