Festival: Saturday, May 14 from 12pm to 8pm
Visit the Gateway Arts District in Brentwood, MD, right over the DC line, for an afternoon of visual, musical, and culinary arts at the Arts, Beats, and Eats Festival, Saturday, May 14 from noon to 8pm.
The event is held in conjunction with the 2022 Gateway Open Studio Tour
There will be over 20 visual artists on display at Portico Gallery and the Art Annex at Artisan, including Mary Turpin, Jaleel Davis, Imani Russell, John Paradiso, Katie Dell Kaufman, Brenda Winstad and many more. Enjoy a variety of expressions and mediums including sculpture, painting, textiles, ceramics, assemblage, and photography. Visitors can stroll through the art studios, engage with artists, explore the artwork throughout the buildings and experience the rich vibe of the Gateway Arts District. The Studio 3807 and Artisan 4100 collections will be on display. These two buildings have over 40 pieces of art from Gateway Arts District artists on display. In addition, miXt Food Hall’s Corner Space and Loft Gallery are featuring works from Dwayne Martin and Paula Cleggett as well as its Mini-mural collection. Visitors can take a “selfie” with Elliot Hamilton’s interactive “Rabbit Hole”.
The musicians from Just Rock will have live music throughout the day at their studios.
miXt Food Hall will have Culinary Arts Demonstrations (see schedule below) as well as coffee, food, and drink specials for everyone with an after-party at the miXt bar with special happy hour prices from 5-8 PM.
Culinary Arts Demo Schedule
- 1:00pm – Chef Sandy Patterson (miXt Food Hall) – Sharpen Your Knife Skills
- 1:30pm – Stephanie Freeman (Relish Market) – Smoothie Making with Sea Moss Gel
- 2:00pm – Chefs Kimberly Van Kline and Henry Dudley (HK Fishhouse) – How to Make a Lobster Corn Dog
- 2:30pm – Pastry Chef Susan Theis (miXt Brew) – How to Make Bacon Cheddar Chive Scones
- 3:00pm – Chef Olu Skokunbi (Spice Kitchen) How to Make Nigerian Jolloff Rice
- 3:30pm – Chef Ismael Montero (La Michoacana) – How to Make Steak Burrito & Birria Taco
- 4:00pm – Bar Boss Rivka Alvial (miXt Drink) – How to Construct a Cocktail
- 4:30pm – Special Chef Guest – TBA
Portico Gallery and Studios and miXt Food Hall are located in Studio 3807 (3807 Rhode Island Ave, Brentwood) and Just Rock and the Art Annex Studios are located in Artisan 4100 (4100 Rhode Island Ave., Brentwood). THE TWO BUILDINGS ARE ONE BLOCK APART
Free and open to the public. Street Parking only. More info at https://www.artsbeatseatsdmv.com