Studio Tour: Friday, October 13 through Sunday, October 15 from 10am to 5pm
Fall upon local, original art and fine craft on the Countryside Artisans Fall Gallery and Studio Tour. Meet the artists and enjoy their work in the beautiful settings that inspire them every day. Choose from 17 galleries and studios representing 50+ fine visual, sculptural, textile, and libation artists as you wind your way through scenic Montgomery, Frederick, and Howard counties on this free, self-guided, driving tour. Brochure, map and info can be found at www.countrysideartisans.com.
Pleasant View Studio is the creative space for the rich, colorful work painted by watercolor artist Bonny Lundy. Bonny is inspired by the extensive gardens and woodland areas around her studio and looks forward to sharing that on the tour.
The artists on this tour have works in private collections across the country and have shown in many celebrated galleries, museums, and exhibitions. In addition, enjoy work from all the Countryside Artisans in one place in the exhibit Farm to Gallery at Black Rock Center for the Arts. Farm to Gallery runs through October 28. For more information, click here.
The Countryside Artisans of Maryland represents a selected group of accomplished visual, sculptural, and textile artists working in oil, pastel, watercolor, pencil, ceramics, porcelain, glass, stone, wood, yarn, textiles, photography, silver, enamel, hops and grapes. The Countryside Artisans jointly open their galleries and studios located in historic, rural Montgomery, Howard, and Frederick Counties in Maryland for three art tours each year in April, October, and December. (The galleries and studios are also open at other times and by appointment.) Visit countrysideartisans.com to learn more.
- Susan Due Pearcy, Sugarloaf Studio
- Foster Holcombe & Theda Hansen, Art of Fire
- Jennifer Hamilton, Dusty Road Pottery
- Vernon & Damien Griffin, 2 Griffins
- Bev Thoms, Tiewyan Artisans
- Tina Thieme Brown, Morningstar Studio
- Annie Kelley, Kiparoo Farm
- P. McCrea & M. C. Holdahl, Pastels & Porcelain
- Claire Howard, Claire Howard Studio
- Butts Family, Waredaca Brewing Company
- David Therriault, Alden Farms
- Linda Phillips, Something Earthy Pottery Studio
- Dalis Davidson, Dancing Leaf Farm
- Cynthia Jennings, Windsong Studio
- Glenn Family, Rocklands Farm & Winery
- Kristen Morrison & Orlando Morales, Gallery East
- Resident Artists at Sandy Spring Museum
- Lori Baker, MudPi Studios
- Bonny Lundy, Pleasant View Studio