Tour: Friday – Sunday, November 30 – December 2 from 10am to 5pm
Friday – Sunday, December 7 – December 9 from 10am to 5pm
Holiday shopping in the countryside! Find meaningful gifts of local, original, high-quality art and fine craft on the Countryside Artisans’ Holiday Gallery & Studio Tour, Nov 30-Dec 2 and Dec 7-9. This highly rated, free, self-guided driving tour of artist studios/galleries through scenic countryside in Montgomery, Frederick and Howard Counties is open two weekends this year.
Choose from 16 delightful destinations representing 50+ fine visual, sculptural, textile, and beverage (beer, wine, and tea) artists. Each studio/gallery is a destination in itself — located on working farms, in renovated barns and chicken coops, or in historic buildings. Many of the galleries also show other artists’ work — typically local artists.
Brochure, map and info can be found at www.countrysideartisans.com.
The Countryside Artisans of Maryland represents a juried group of accomplished visual, sculptural, textile, and beverage artists working in oil, pastel, watercolor, pencil, ceramics, porcelain, glass, stone, yarn, textiles, photography, silver, enamel, hops, grapes, and tea. The Countryside Artisans jointly open their galleries and studios located in historic, rural Montgomery, Howard, and Frederick Counties in Maryland for three art tours each year in April, October, and December. (The galleries and studios are also open at other times and by appointment.) Visit countrysideartisans.com to learn more.
- Susan Due Pearcy, Sugarloaf Studio
- Foster Holcombe & Theda Hansen, Art of Fire
- Jennifer Hamilton, Dusty Road Pottery
- Linda Phillips, Something Earthy Pottery Studio
- Bev Thoms, Tiewyan Artisans
- Tina Thieme Brown, Morningstar Studio
- Annie Kelley, Kiparoo Farm
- Bonny Lundy, Pleasant View Studio
- Claire Howard, Claire Howard Studio
- Butts Family, Waredaca Brewing Company
- David Therriault, Alden Farms
- Cynthia Jennings, Windsong Studio
- Dalis Davidson, Dancing Leaf Farm
- Kristen Morrison & Orlando Morales, Gallery East
- Glenn Family, Rocklands Farm & Winery
- Lori Baker, MudPi Studios
- Resident Artists at Sandy Spring Museum