Thank you for considering East City Art. If you’d like something posted, please return the favor by reading all of the guidelines below before submitting your request.
We publish the following: 1) a print publication (March, September & December ), 2) articles and notices online daily including a weekly arts roundup column and 3) a weekly email-newsletter. The information listed below is for online and email newsletter publication.
WE ONLY COVER THE VISUAL ARTS
Note that we NEVER cover music, theater, food or other non-related visual art events.
NOTE: Postings are maintained as a courtesy to the requester. East City Art Media LLC is under no obligation to post any art opening, class or other event.
Policy on Ticketed Events, Calls for Entry & Classes
Note—we will NOT publish information about a ticketed event, class or workshop or call for entry which costs over $10 unless it is accompanied by an ad buy or a media partnership with East City Art.
W H A T T O S E N D U S
We receive a significant number of weekly correspondences requesting publication. To be considered for publication we ask for the following:
- That your topic be visual arts related
- A press release formatted in Word or Text (something we can copy and paste)
- Two photos related to your subject matter in low res format which includes a description of the photo and attribution (photo credit information). Photos for online publication should be at least 600 pixels wide.
- Be sent in a timely manner (see below)
EMAIL YOUR INFORMATION TO: post @ eastcityart.com
T I M I N G
– We request that you send us your press release two (2) weeks in advance.
– Anything received after the Monday that the event takes place will not be published that week and will not be included in the roundup or newsletter. We may opt to include the event as “on view” in our “Openings and Events” section the following week.
– Our newsletters go out every Wednesday with the exception of holiday weekends and the last two weeks of August.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND US FLYERS OR BANNERS. WE WILL NOT PUBLISH THEM. (See above for formatting)
C O N T A C T
You may contact us at editor @ eastcityart.com