Thank you for considering East City Art. If you’d like something posted, please return the favor by reading ALL of the guidelines below before submitting your request.
We publish the following:
1) Articles and notices online daily including a weekly arts roundup column
2) A weekly email-newsletter.
WE ONLY COVER THE VISUAL ARTS
Note that we NEVER cover music, theater, food or other non-related visual art events. We maintain listings solely for exhibitions in the greater Washington area.
NOTE: Postings are maintained as a courtesy to the requester. East City Art Media LLC is under no obligation to post any art opening, class or other event.
Policy on Ticketed Events, Calls for Entry & Classes
Note—we will NOT publish information about a ticketed event, class or workshop or call for entry which costs over $10 unless it is accompanied by an ad purchase. Our ads start at $150
W H A T T O S E N D U S
We receive a significant number of weekly correspondences requesting publication. To be considered for publication we ask for the following:
- That your topic be visual arts related
- A press release formatted in Word or Text (something we can copy and paste)
- Two photos related to your subject matter in low res format which includes a description of the photo and attribution (photo credit information). Photos for online publication should be at least 600 pixels wide.
- Be sent in a timely manner (see below)
EMAIL YOUR INFORMATION TO: post [at] eastcityart.com
T I M I N G
– We request that you send us your press release two (2) weeks in advance
– Our publishing desk closes on Friday at 5pm. Any press release received not received the Friday before will not be posted in the following week’s Weekly Events List or Newsletter
– Our newsletters go out every Wednesday with the exception of holiday weeks (For example, the first Monday of September is Labor Day; there is no newsletter that week)
– We do not publish Weekly Events Lists on holiday weeks (For example, the first Monday of September is Labor Day; there is not Weekly List that week)
PLEASE DO NOT SEND US FLYERS OR BANNERS. WE WILL NOT PUBLISH THEM. (See above for formatting)
C O N T A C T
Email: You may contact us directly at editor [at] eastcityart.com
East City Art Media LLC
922 G Street SE