Thank you for considering East City Art. If you’d like something posted, please return the favor by reading ALL of the guidelines below before submitting your request.
We publish the following:
1) Articles and notices online daily including a weekly arts roundup column
2) A weekly email-newsletter.
WE ONLY COVER THE VISUAL ARTS
Note that we NEVER cover music, theater, food or other non-related visual art events. We maintain listings solely for exhibitions in the greater Washington area.
NOTE: Postings are maintained as a courtesy to the requester. East City Art Media LLC is under no obligation to post any art opening, class or other event.
POLICY ON TICKETED EVENTS | CALLS WITH ENTREE FEES | CLASSES
Note—we will NOT publish information about a ticketed event, class or workshop or call for entry which costs over $10 unless it is accompanied by an ad purchase. Our ads start at $150.
W H A T T O S E N D U S
We receive a significant number of weekly correspondences requesting publication. To be considered for publication we ask for the following:
- That your topic be visual arts related
- Be sent in a timely manner (see “TIMING” below)
- A press release formatted in Word or Text (something we can copy and paste). Text—please send us a press release in a format which we can copy and paste like Word or a copiable PDF. Please do not send us links to copy and paste from a website.
- Two photos related to your subject matter in low res format which includes a description of the photo and attribution (photo credit information). Photos for online publication should be at least 600 pixels wide (more information follows)
Here is a list of Dos when submitting images:
– Do email us exhibition or event images as attachments to your email
– Do make sure the image is at least 600 pixels wide (we can resize it)
– Do send us images of the artist’s work or exhibition stills
– Do include image credits and captions for each image
– Do send us more than one image! Often we can use them not only in the exhibition post but in the Weekly Events List, the newsletter and on social media.
Here is a list of Don’ts when submitting images:
– Do not send images with graphic overlay, logos or other graphics. We’re looking for the artist’s actual work or an exhibition still.
– Do not send us an image you copied from someone else’s website (even if credited) without their expressed written permission or it can be construed as a copyright violation
– Do not send us a link to a website and ask us to copy the image (or text). Please email us a formatted image (and text).
– Do not send us links from Google Drive, Hightail or Dropbox; we always end up having permission issues on our end due to our shared workflow. If you absolutely must send us images this way, please remember to make access to the drive public so that we do not have to ask for access. Note that when we have to wait for access to be granted, this holds up the publishing process and may delay your post.
EMAIL YOUR INFORMATION TO: editor [at] eastcityart.com
T I M I N G
– We request that you send us your press release two (2) weeks in advance
– Our publishing desk closes on Friday at NOON Any press release received not received the Friday before will not be posted in the following week’s Weekly Events List or Newsletter
– Our newsletters go out every Wednesday with the exception of holiday weeks (For example, the first Monday of September is Labor Day; there is no newsletter that week)
– We do not publish Weekly Events Lists on holiday weeks (For example, the first Monday of September is Labor Day; there is not Weekly List that week)
PLEASE DO NOT SEND US FLYERS OR BANNERS. WE WILL NOT PUBLISH THEM. (See above for formatting)
C O N T A C T
Email: You may contact us directly at editor [at] eastcityart.com
East City Art Media LLC
922 G Street SE