YOUTH ARTS PROGRAM
CHAW is now registering for the winter and spring sessions of our after school Youth Arts Program. We invite students in grades K-5 to build skills, a strong sense of community, and a life-long love of the arts with a CHAW arts class (or classes!). Van service, sliding scale payments, payment plans, and gift certificates are all available. Click here for more info.
Youth classes include
- Theater: Physical Acting
- Visual Arts: Drawing Techniques, Sculptural Design, Arts & Humanities, and Intro to Art & Social Justice
- Fashion: Design & Sewing
- Ceramics: Handbuilding, Sculpture, and Wheelthrowing
- Music: Dance, Sing & Play and Orff Ensemble
- Photography: Social Justice and Shoot & Develop
- Early release Wednesday programming and van service
- Friday Crafternoons
Click here for more information and please call (202) 547-6839 for any and all questions.
CHAW invites you to make great art and build community through a winter arts class or workshop including:
- Visual Arts: Acrylic Painting, Drawing Studio, Fundamentals of Drawing, and Life Drawing
- Ceramics: Basics, Intermediate, and Advanced options
- Workshops: Glaze and Vessels
- Dance: NOWDance Contemporary Dance Forms
Click here for more info or call (202) 547-6839. Sliding scale payments, payment plans, and gift certificates are all available!
PRE-K ART ADVENTURES DROP-IN CLASSES
Join us for our Art Adventures drop-in classes every Monday from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. (last session for this year on Monday, 12/16). Students ages 2.5 and up with a caregiver can join us for guided art activities with teaching artist Mariana Fernandez. $5 suggested donation. Please call (202) 547-6839 for more info.