Art classes at CHAW are the best way brighten the dreariest of days, meet new people, learn a new skill, and create something amazing. Registration for youth and adult spring classes and summer camps are happening now:
- Spring adult classes (beginning April 1) – Today is the day.
- Spring Break camp (April 15-20) – Never a dull moment.
- Spring after school program (beginning April 22) – New classes added.
- STEAM summer camps (June 24-August 2) – CHAW puts the science, technology, engineering and math into art.
- and String Fling! music camp (August 19-23) – Get your Stradivarius on.
ADULT SPRING CLASSES
Spring classes being April 1, 2019. Tuition assistance and payment plans available. Call (202) 547-6839 for more info.
- Visual Arts: Painting in Acrylics, Drawing Studio, Fundamentals of Drawing, Life Drawing
- Ceramics: Beginner and Intermediate
- Photography: Digital Photography, Intro to Darkroom
- Dance: Tap, Jazz, Ballet
SPRING BREAK CAMP
Students in grades K-5 will engage in recreational activities, crafts and field trips in the morning, followed by structured art activities in the afternoon. Come spend the day or week with with us.
When: Monday, April 15 – Friday, April 20, 2019 (no camp on Emancipation Day, Tues. 4/16)
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. (parents must pick up no later than 4 p.m.)
Fee: $50 per day or $190 for the week
Please call the office at (202) 547-6839 to sign up. Campers will need to pack a lunch and a snack for the day (CHAW is a nut-free facility, so please NO nut products). Please click here for more info.
A new session of after school spring youth arts classes (grades K-5) begins Monday, April 22, 2019! Van service is available from local schools. Tuition assistance and payment plans available. Click here for the Youth Spring Classes Brochure.
Please click here for more info/to register or call (202) 547-6839 for more info.
- NEW! African Dance
- NEW! Social Justice and Photography
- Arts and Humanities
- Drawing Techniques
- Ceramics: Handbuilding & Beyond
- Fiber Arts & Sewing
- Dance, Sing & Play
- Foundations of Music/Orff Ensemble
- Explorations in Painting
- Introduction to Violin